Thursday, August 28, 2014

My first post....redo

Friday, August 22, 2014


Greeting fellow WW peeps!!! I am new to the program, again. It has been 10 years since I worked the program and things have changed a bit. I love it so far and seem to be getting my groove going.

My first meeting was August 6 and it took everything in me to walk inside that door... I am sure I am not alone in this! I weighed in at a whopping 277.4 lbs. An all time high for me (hold your applause). What an eye opening experience that was! I was in the right place for sure. The first meeting was informative and friendly. I thought to myself, "I can do this!"

Fast forward one week- through fumbling with my tracker, standing in the grocery store aisle trying to figure out points (my husband is so patient), and peeing like a cow on a flat rock from all the extra water in my system- weigh in day was here. I lost 8.4 lbs. Now before you tell me that it was mostly water... hear this...I don't care if it was lung tissue....I was EIGHT POINT FOUR pounds lighter!!! The girls all clapped for me and I was in a good place.

Week Two- (bear with me, I KNOW I am a rambler) second week, better at tracking, in a groove... and I lost another 3.4! Yay! More clapping... my leader makes me feel like a super hero (I should make a cape!).

I know these big numbers won't last but I am enjoying them while they do. My biggest realizations so far? First- I can be hungry for a little bit, if I get busy.... and I won't die! I had no idea!!! It had been so long! Second- There are reasons I do not take care of myself and I need to get to those issues in order to proceed through this journey. I am working through the book, "Find Your Fingerprint". I picked it up at my first meeting.

I want health, wellness, and wholeness for myself.

Until next time.... SoozG

No comments:

Post a Comment